When Will the International Flights Normalize in India?
Are you curious about whether now is the time for a trip to India or not? Airfarebooking brings you the answer to your question and many others asking the same. India has yet to normalize its international flights but with the COVID situation improving daily, one can expect to fly freely soon just like the pre-pandemic time. Whether you are looking to travel to India for exploring the rich cultural heritage and popular tourist places or travel from India to your bucket list destinations, keeping yourself updated with the related information is a good thing. Now, have a look at the key points and information related to the resumption of scheduled flights to/from India and book flight tickets from Canada to India at low fares.
India is a popular travel destination amongst international travelers and it welcomes millions of tourists each year from around the globe. After the first lockdown in March 2020, the airlines and travel industries took a major hit with the decline in their operations. On 13th February 2022, Domestic airlines operated 2,058 flights as compared to the daily number of more than 2,800 flights before COVID. International travel is under supervision and flights are being exchanged with the countries that India has a bilateral bubble arrangement for air travels. The special flights under this arrangement with many nations started in late 2020 and the list of nations includes the USA, the UAE, Canada, Singapore, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, and many more.
Key Points to Remember
- India has suspended the scheduled flights till 28th February 2022. The DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) issued the order to operate the scheduled flights from 15th December 2021. The decision was revoked after seeing the increasing number of Omicron Cases.
- The all-cargo flights and pre-approved flights (by the DGCA) are exempted from the suspension.
- The Indian Government issued stricter guidelines during the initial Omicron phase.
- The Aviation Ministry of India is in discussion with the Home and Health Ministries for normalizing international flights.
- Domestic airlines are expected to soon cross the 80% mark for the daily flights operated in India.
These are the important things one should take note of before traveling to/from India. The DGCA issued new guidelines on 10th February 2022 in which they eased the restrictions on international arrivals in India also the list of ‘At-Risk’ nations is done away with. Aviation Minister, Jyotiraditya Scindia in his statement indicated that international flights can soon operate to the pre-pandemic times. Thus, if you are planning a trip to India then now would be the perfect time for you to enjoy your vacation with a minimal crowd. Book flight tickets from Canada to India on Airfarebooking in a few simple steps and pack your bags for a thrilling vacation ahead.
You can book your flights hassle-free on our user-friendly website or contact our travel agents on 1-888-275-0882 (Toll-Free) and grab the best-in-class deals on international flights.
Read More :- Best parties to celebrate the festival of colors in Delhi